Job Title: Manufacturing Associate (BioTech)
Job Location: Elkton, VA
Job Type: Contract
Our client has an expansive vaccines portfolio and an exciting pipeline of human health vaccine candidates. This position will be part of a manufacturing organization that brings these vaccines to people around the world. At our manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia we have Manufacturing Associate jobs available; these positions offer employees the opportunity to work in a critical processing area on the Elkton Plant.
The position duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing manufacturing functions while complying with safety and compliance procedures
- Loading, running and monitoring manufacturing equipment and processes using computerized and manual systems
- Performing simple maintenance tasks on equipment
- Performing initial troubleshooting on equipment and processes
- Maintaining manufacturing areas in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Housekeeping Procedures
- Use of tools and equipment
- Developing/authoring/executing protocols and standard operating procedures
- Participate/author initial root cause investigations
A competitive starting wage of $22.50/hour.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of Manufacturing, Industrial, Military or Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance experience or
- Associates Degree or STEM related certification from an accredited college/university
- Associates Degree in Science, Technology, Manufacturing or Mechanical (STEM) field or other relevant science/engineering program.
- Experience in a biotechnology or clean room facility
- Experience following very specific procedures and documenting the completion of critical steps
- Experience in a facility that is regulated and inspected by a Governmental Agency, such as the FDA
- Experience with computer systems that control processing steps and inventory management (DeltaV, SAP, PI)