Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Individual reports to the Manufacturing Manager and full technical support to production automated manufacturing equipment including; Preventive Maintenance, product change overs and set-ups, troubleshooting, repairs, installation, process performance monitoring and ensures the product quality meets specifications. Collaborate with R&D and Operations engineers and Project Managers in a fast-paced setting.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of 2 years of recent experience and/or training in Assembly Automation.
- Certification in Automation Technology, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar technical degree preferred
- Debugs and replaces of pneumatic components and pick and place devices.
- Assists with the installation of new systems and production equipment as needed.
- Identifies and diagnoses failures, replaces defective components, and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, and machine manuals
- May provide backup assistance to Department Lead by assigning daily task to operators and/or assemblers as needed
- Provides operators and/or assemblers with technical training including the safe operation of equipment
- Assists operators in machine set-ups and adjustments as required
- Performs operator and/or assembly work as needed
- Reports any safety violation, machine equipment problems or misusage, and non-conformance work to Supervisor.
- Inspects product using calipers, micrometer, scales, templates, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance.
- Attends all required job-related training (internal and external)
- Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of molding machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting of production equipment per maintenance manuals and schematics
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Automation and robotic programming, setup, and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently with equipment supplier support groups over the phone and on site for required maintenance work.
- Familiarity with machine shop equipment including mills, lathes, and other fabrication equipment.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and fabricate jigs, fixtures, and other production related materials with manual and CNC equipment.
- Analytical: Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; understands work flows and procedures.
- Technical Skills: Able to clearly share expertise and transfer technical knowledge to others; Communicates technical knowledge and expertise with others. Strong mechanical abilities in order to; set-up, troubleshoot, and operate assembly machinery.
- Oral Communication Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquiries regardless of the situation; Presents complex concepts in a simple manner to achieve understanding.
- Written Communication Writes technical documents clearly and accurately; Transfers technical data into meaningful written documents that can be understood by all levels of the organization.
- Team Work Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests
- Adaptability Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Strong mechanical skills needed to troubleshoot and maintain proper operation of assembly machines
Proficiency in Solidworks is a plus