Aerotek is currently hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer / CNC Programmer for a client located in Portsmouth, VA.
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience
- BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Proven CAD/CAM and G-Code programming experience
- Must have experience with programing CNC Lathes, VTL's, and both Horizontal and Vertical Mills
- Experience on Fanuc and Mazak controls a plus
- Must be able to solve problems with tooling and machine setups
- Must have a solid understanding in the design of custom fixturing.
- Must be able to work with machinists on demand to alter or adjust programming as needed based on feedback.
- Experience in a 'Job Shop' environment a plus
- Experience with defense manufacturing a plus
- Prefer SurfCAM software experience
- Ability to create 3-D models from 2-D Blueprints and Sketches
- Ability to develop efficient workflow with respect to part processing
- Ability to determine and specify work holding and tooling requirements for efficient processing
- Ability to determine effective and efficient speeds and feeds for part processing
Please apply to posting with most updated resume, thank you!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.