Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Manufacturing Engineer (Entry-Mid Level, Immediate Hire)
Schneider Electric is seeking an ambitious professional to assume the role of a Manufacturing Engineer/ (Process Improvements) in our Columbia, SC location.
This position is accountable for solving problems and driving continuous improvement by utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and Schneider Performance System (SPS) principles. This individual will own the manufacturing process including ergonomics, work standards, work content analysis, line design, capacity analysis, MPH (material providing and handling), and tools/equipment. This position is also responsible for leading capital projects including strategy development, project timeline, cost estimates, benefit analysis (business justification), vendor identification, and execution.
The identified candidate will be a critical member of a cross-function value-stream team that identifies root causes and eliminates short-term and long-term barriers. Finally, a successful manufacturing engineer must be able to lead this team and production associates in Kaizen blitzes to rapidly attack and resolve reoccurring issues.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Acts as the technical expert for specific product manufacturing processes.
- Work with value-stream team on daily and long-term problems/projects impacting production.
- Constantly seek opportunities to eliminate ergonomic risk, reduce quality defects, improve efficiencies, and reduce product cost through methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Effectively lead cross-functional kaizen events by teaching and then utilizing Lean and Schneider Production System(SPS) concepts.
- Simultaneously manage the development, analysis, and implementation of capital projects.
- Support new product development/enhancements