Duration: 12 month
Hours: 08 am - 05pm
Location St Paul, Minnesota 55110
To assist the manufacturing of Commercial HVAC building and unit controls by supporting the process owners of one (or more) products and processes through line support, rapid problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Support responsibility for all manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned products.
Focus is in 3 areas:
- Ready To Serve: Supporting daily production needs through troubleshooting of both product and process
- Productivity: Supporting initiatives to improve competitiveness
- Quality: Address both internal and external quality issues
Detail for each focus area:
Ready to Serve:
Works with Process/Quality Engineer, Process/Quality Technician, Production Supervisor, Team Leader, and Materials team in order to provide support to manufacturing for process and product related issues, including: quality, material, and machine repair issues
Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities for responsible product/processes by ensuring it is being followed and suggesting improvements
- Supports Labor, O/H and Material productivity in order to meet annual goals
• Respond to, Anticipate and Prevent quality issues through following the Quality Management System (QMS) and IR BOS.
• Follow engineering principles and discipline including: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), A3's and 9-Step Problem Solving, and Project Management
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Experience/Competency in Microsoft Office is required, including Excel, Project and Outlook
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- 5 years of manufacturing experience is preferred
- Previous experience with manufacturing or design of printed circuit board assemblies is preferred, but not required
- Programming Experience, especially in Labview or Python is highly desired
- Ability to lead or participate on project teams with little direct supervision required.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Engineering, assembly and quality control processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Extensive PC Skills: Excel, Word, Access, and MS Project
- Ability to resolve multiple conflicts between widely varying personalities.