Aerospace interior experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Entry level position.
Under moderate supervision, create manufacturing work instructions, assist with Planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform technical studies and conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Develop plans and recommendations for equipment and tooling needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
2. Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility.
3. Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
4. Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
5. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
6. Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
7. Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
8. Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
9. Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
10. Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
11. Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
12. Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
1. Work on special projects.
2. Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
3. Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.