Delfield Company, a member of the Welbilt family of companies, global leaders in commercial foodservice equipment, is seeking an innovative, Manufacturing Engineer. Delfield manufactures and markets a complete line of foodservice equipment for restaurants, hotels and institutions (including prep tables, undercounter/worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, blast chillers/freezers and mobile serving lines) and specializes in custom and reach-in refrigeration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drives continuous improvement and lean initiatives with a focus on workflow, layout, single point scheduling, Kaizen events, standardized work, and 5S
- Leads projects to simplify processes and product designs (ie. fixturing, design changes, and capital equipment justifications).
- Creates and maintains work standards, product routings and Operation Method Sheets
- Supports the New Product Development and Engineering Change processes through process documentation, routing maintenance, pilot runs, and employee training
- Recommends product design improvements to ensure manufacturability and ease of assembly.
- Performs workflow balancing and time studies
- Works as a liaison between engineering and manufacturing to ensure a smooth implementation of deviations and Engineering Change Notices.
- Participates in various meetings and committees such as Lean Steering Committee, ECN board, etc.
- Plan and design manufacturing processes that are in alignment with company objectives
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization
- Determine processes and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and minimum of 1 - 3 years of manufacturing industry experience required
- Must have experience setting time standards and in lean manufacturing
- Must have experience with line balancing, process flow and performing Kaizen events.
Welbilt is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class, including Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.