The primary purpose of this job is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features. Ensures Integer's internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Designs, details, and implements process and equipment solutions which improve safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Develops tooling, fixtures, and equipment used in manufacturing that optimize productivity, maintainability, and cost.
- Defines, produces and implements documents including engineering drawings, equipment qualifications, and process instructions.
- Collaborates with Design/Development Engineers, Team Leaders, Associates and Suppliers to evaluate and influence designs for manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in related field. Mechanical/Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
3-5 years of experience
Analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Good statistical knowledge.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Good problem solving skills.
Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.