The primary purpose of this position is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may include a variety of complex features. This position will apply sound judgment when making adaptations and/or modifications to machinery, test and measurement equipment and/or systems. Ensures Greatbatch internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Integer's Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
2. Develops tooling, fixtures and equipment used in manufacturing to optimize productivity, maintainability and cost.
3. Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
4. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
5. Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment in making adaptions and modifications.
6. Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
7. Participates in cross-functional project teams to implement creative solutions.
8. May execute validation protocols and conduct appropriate inspection/testing products, processes and materials.
9. Supports test function for system hardware, software and test data manipulation projects. Provides accurate estimations and reports of all test processes.
10. Prepares all necessary paperwork, change requests and documentation for all projects undertaken.
11. Collaborates with Engineers, Team Leaders and Suppliers to evaluate designs for manufacturability and cost reduction.
12. Under limited supervision, performs assignments; receiving instructions with specific expected results.
13. Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
14. Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in related field. Mechanical/Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of experience
Analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Good statistical knowledge.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Good problem solving skills.
Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.