Intermediate level position providing basic engineering support for existing or new products. Developing professional expertise. This position will provide hands-on engineering support for existing products and products transitioning from New Production Introduction (NPI) to manufacturing.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Established foundational internal communication skills (verbal & written) used regularly and effectively.
- Established organizational and time management skills used regularly and effectively.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Consistently adheres to the Integer core values of innovation, customer focus, respect, integrity, communication, and teamwork.
- Demonstrates initiative to execute tasks efficiently.
- Basic awareness of the financial factors that impact our business.
- Ability to construct a basic timeline for tasks and adhere to those commitments consistently.
- Ability to execute continuous improvement projects as part of the overall CI plan.
- Use of basic statistical methods and software platforms regularly (two-sample t-test, histograms, box-plots, etc.).
- Able to execute necessary validations (TMV, IQ, OQ, PQ, PPQ) with approved protocol and no guidance. Participates in protocol creation where appropriate.
- Ability to observe processes, interact with operators, and determine some possible root causes for problems of interest.
- Ability to construct a multi-variable study to collect data efficiently to address problem of interest.
- Ability to analyze data to propose possible next step in problem solving.
- Ability to document study results accurately and concisely. Presents those results to the internal team regularly.
- Participates in customer visits and conference calls. Able to provide engaged input.
- Uses structured problem-solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Performs other duties as required.
Environmental working conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BS/MS and 2-5 years of experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in extenuating circumstances.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Lean and six sigma green belt training preferred.
- Familiarity with design software (CAD) desired.
- Familiarity with regulated environment and validation requirements.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to, or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.