Integer's Plymouth, MN facility is growing and we're looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing team. If you're looking for a new exciting opportunity within a collaborative work environment where you will support new product introduction this position could be your next exciting opportunity.
Job Summary: Designs, details, and implements process and equipment solutions which improve safety, quality, delivery and cost. Develops tooling, fixtures, and equipment used in manufacturing that optimize productivity, maintainability, and cost. Defines, produces and implements documents including engineering drawings, equipment qualifications, and process instructions. Collaborates with Design/Development Engineers, Team Leaders, Associates and Suppliers to evaluate and influence designs for manufacturability and cost reduction.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develops tooling, fixtures and equipment used in manufacturing to optimize productivity, maintainability and cost.
- Defines, produces and implements documents including engineering drawings, equipment qualifications and process instructions.
- Provides Engineering support to sustain a smooth manufacturing of multiple product lines by applying knowledge of product design, assembly and tool fabrication.
- Reviews and approves Engineering drawings, layouts, change orders and specifications. Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project.
- Drives tooling/equipment project focusing on manufacturability while improving yields.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams to influence others in implementing creative solutions and drives manufacturing and product transfer activities.
- Executes validation protocols and conducts appropriate inspection/testing products, processes and materials.
- Supports test function for system hardware, software and test data manipulation projects. Provides accurate estimations and reports of all test processes.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork, change requests and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Independently performs assignments; receiving instructions only regarding general expected results.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies.
- Performs other functions as required.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or technical discipline.
* Minimum Experience: 5+ years of experience
Knowledge & Skills:
* Special Skills: Excellent analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Strong statistical knowledge.
* Specialized Knowledge: Excellent analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Strong statistical knowledge
Experience in medical devices