*Candidates MUST be able to obtain a US Security Clearance!*
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer with a top-tier Aerospace & Defense company located in the Santa Barbara area! This is a long term opportunity that can pay competitively!
Looking for candidates that have a minimum of one year (professional) experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role within the Space Industry!!! Candidates should have strong hands-on experience, as well as some testing experience. Candidates should also have a four-year Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
Successful candidates have a strong understanding of Aerospace & Defense process and reviews that need to be done. Any experience with various torque wrenches or adhesives is preferred, as well as electrical knowledge (AC & DC currents, Ohm's Law, Thermal Chambers). As well as the want to 'wear multiple hats' in a role.
* Create, prototype, design, and analyze structures and mechanisms for moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
* Develop and refine components and subsystems utilizing design skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other modeling tools as needed.
* Perform detailed 3D designs; generate CAD drawings and related documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of components.
* Document test plans and procedures requirements.
* Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews.
* Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
* Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.