Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 70 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
Thomson Linear is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, for our Marengo, Illinois facility, with a background in electrical/electronics engineering, strong continuous improvement and leadership competencies to drive safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements in one of our key Value Streams. Candidate will need to have the ability to multi-task, manage projects, and work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shoot existing manufacturing processes, fixtures, tooling or equipment.
- Design, build or procure improved fixtures, tooling or equipment.
- Work with manufacturing associates to promote and implement continuous improvement programs.
- Develop data and information for the justification of new or replacement equipment and the subsequent preparation of capital expenditure requests.
- Develop detailed analysis and effective recommendations for improvement of assembly processes with respect to Quality, Delivery and Cost improvements for assigned cells within the Value Stream.
- Develop and implement standardized work practices on the manufacturing floor.
- Provide operations input on new product development / commercialization efforts to ensure that products meet quality performance standards and are highly manufacturable from a quality perspective.
- Root cause analysis and counter measure implementation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Experience with electrical engineering and/or electronics (programming).
- Experience with developing standard work processes for manual assembly.
- Experience with fixture and tooling design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the ISO 9001 standards and quality systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills and working knowledge of standardized work practices.
- Strong continuous improvement skills and leadership competencies to drive quality, delivery, cost improvement, and short and long term results.
- Sense of urgency; being able to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
- Ability to perform duties both individually and in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, tolerance for ambiguity.
- Solid organization, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks and AutoCAD design packages.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.