Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
Help to develop a continuous improvement culture to enhance quality and operational excellence.
- Support process improvement initiatives. Initiate new projects and be a technical resource for key improvement initiatives, identifying best practices. Develop action plans to achieve short and long-range efficiency goals, selection of new production methods, designs of production fixtures, and methods to monitor efficiencies. Drive automation to replace the manual process as much as possible
- Monitor timelines and project deliverables to ensure adherence with approved project plans for manufacturing process development
- Identify issues and risks to ensure cost effective new product development and introduction into manufacturing.
Provide general Manufacturing Engineering duties.
- Provide guidance in the development of manufacturing processes, validation and product specifications, including material specifications, assembly drawings, tooling and manufacturing documentation.
- Work with project teams to identify issues and risks associated with NPD. During new product development integrate with Engineers, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers and the Packaging Department/and or Production Department to ensure cost effective new product development and introduction into manufacturing. Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments (DFM, 3P).
- Research and provide recommendations for new equipment, products, and processes utilizing industry standard project management tools and techniques. Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company. Present process and equipment recommendations to Leadership Team with regular and timely reviews that will define team roles, responsibilities, and accountability to project plans for implementation.
Provide sustaining engineering support for shop floor ongoing issues.
- Develop manufacturing Work Instructions and Operation Sheets/Process Prints in support of Standard Work
- Provide process support on manufacturing technical issues.
- Design production workstations and processes for ergonomics and efficiency.
- Define Preventive Maintenance programs for equipment associated with production activities.
Communicate business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
Travel to observe procedures, attend sponsored meetings and meet with customers, business partners or suppliers.
- Proficiency designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks preferred)
- Proficiency creating detailed drawings from solid models for various fabrication techniques (CNC/manual machining, welding, sheet metal forming)
- Proficiency in mechanical assembly (press fits, adhesive bonding, fastener selection)
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
- Experience creating process documentation
- Experience with design for manufacturability
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to production
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Developed understanding and wide application of technical principals, theories and concepts in the field.
- Good understanding of project management.
- Knowledge of materials and metals.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, purchasing and suppliers to develop products from concept through commercialization in a cross-functional team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Exercises good judgment when communicating to all levels in the business organization.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage project closure
- Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams.
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) knowledge.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, preferred
- 3+ years of manufacturing process improvement experience.
- Proven experience in supporting process improvement projects.
- Experience in work flow optimization, work measurement, efficiencies.
- Recognized process improvement training (Lean, Six Sigma, ABS) preferred
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) experience, preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires occasional travel. The employee must be able to fly or drive out of town to attend meeting with customers and suppliers or attend training. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and to stand 70% of the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.