Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 75 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
The Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor is a key member of the operations staff and has responsibility for leading the Actuator Manufacturing Engineering team through process improvement to advance safety, quality, delivery, and productivity within operations. This individual will play a critical role in transforming the methodologies by which we produce product, to drive breakthrough quality performance, while driving year over year productivity and cost improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes resourcing decisions/assignments of Manufacturing Engineers to support production needs and advance manufacturing process.
- Responsible for building the Manufacturing Engineering Team while providing talent development plans to maximize individual and team growth as well as performance.
- Manages process technology development projects so that Quality, Delivery, and Cost targets are met.
- Manages Capital Equipment Funnel expenditures for site process improvements.
- Provides technical leadership in the areas of motor and electronics design for manufacturability and manufacturing process development.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to the NPD team and others related to development projects (design for manufacturability, cost, and quality considerations, etc.).
- Actively monitors new manufacturing technology for potential use in manufacturing.
- Implements lean methodologies and variation reduction both in the factory and in new product development utilizing the ABS tools. Responsibility in developing Manufacturing Engineering team in their ABS acumen through mentorship and facilitation.
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Agility
- Relationship Management
- Team Player
- Drive & Determination
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical discipline
- 5 years' experience with manufacturing processes and design
- Technical knowledge and experience in machining, assembly, and manufacturing process
- Technical knowledge and experience in process automation
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working with and developing a team of Manufacturing Engineers with varying levels of experience; providing career development opportunities and mentorship to advance technical and personal/behavior skills
- Actively champions continuous improvement efforts to drive results
- Minimal travel required, but must be available to travel to supplier or benchmark sites
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to .
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.