Title: Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Location: Goleta, CA
Duration: 6 Months (Contract To Hire)
- Client is seeking an Engineering Technician with relevant aerospace industry experience working on small, medium and/or large government and commercial programs.
- Must be able to read and follow written instruction as well as interpret and apply technical drawing views and notes.
- Must be organized and accountable for personal workload.
- Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with hardware assemblies so as to maintain traceability.
- Requires experience following procedures but also able to work with engineers to create new processes.
- Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of coatings using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
- Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision hand tools.
- Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order of assembly for complex structures and devices.
- Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred, including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and insulation resistance.
- 4 years or more documented experience in technical work. Aerospace experience preferred.
The majority of the work will involve:
- Mechanical assembly including threaded fastener and adhesive bonding using hand tools like torque wrenches, digital levels, calipers, force gauges.
- The materials for the work will be composite panels, solar cells, and machined parts