We are an industry leader with an immediate need for a Hardware Test Engineer. This is a direct hire, permanent job located in Baltimore, MD. Relocation assistance IS available for qualified candidates located outside the Baltimore area. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates MUST be US Citizens.
In this role you will create, document and use procedures to test the company's products, including subassemblies. You will also write scripts for automated testing and design and debug special testing tools. Our work focuses on electronic instrumentation, telemetry systems and signal electronics.
- Design, develop and implement specialized tooling and test equipment to test subassemblies and other company products.
- Write test scripts and pass/fail criteria and modify test software using LabVIEW.
- Develop processes, methods and tooling for new programs. Supervise assembly and proofing.
- Support the engineering team by troubleshooting problems and ensuring that product moves through the assembly process in a timely manner.
- Develop or edit circuit schematics using OrCad/Altium.
- Investigate component failure root cause.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or similar is preferred. Candidates without a 4-year degree should have at least 10 years of electrical testing experience.
- Experience using LabVIEW software for electrical testing.
- Proven experience in hardware electrical testing.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, sketches or work instructions.
- US Citizenship is REQUIRED.
- Candidates must have a current Secret clearance.