Major purpose:The manufacturing test technician supports manufacturing in the testing, and failure analysis and resolution, of medium to highly complex electro-optical sensors and assemblies. The candidate would have good knowledge of electrical measurements, and be familiar with using, Meters, Oscilloscopes, Signal Sources, Computers, and other equipment used in the testing of electronic and optical components and modules.
This is a hands-on position that requires a strong ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to perform electronics testing and analysis of complex electronic assemblies and systems. The candidate must have good hand-eye coordination for work with small tools under a microscope. The ideal candidate will have a solid working knowledge of electronics, and a strong aptitude and interest in working with automated and manual test equipment as well as the communication skills required to work with engineering, management and other technicians. The candidate must be detail oriented and have meticulous record keeping skills.
Communication skills are extremely important as this role includes working with engineering on product introduction as well as training/supporting operators in the group.
Major functions:* Performs set-up, calibration, testing, tuning and troubleshooting of complex electro-optical circuits and components, instruments, mechanical assemblies and test stations. Will require use of a microscope and small tools as well as mechanical hand tools.
* Recognizes failures, and test set up problems, and determines appropriate corrective action.
* Operates a variety of programmable test equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, function generator, meters, power supplies, etc.)
* Works from written and verbal instructions, test specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics.
* Records and maintains test data and assembly travelers.
* May assist more experienced technicians with more complex test procedures.
* May interface with Engineering to help solve design problems.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:* Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
* Preferred 2 years post-Secondary/AAS degree in Electronics or Electro-mechanical Technology with a minimum of 2 years prior related experience, or military equivalent. Minimum requirement, High School Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
* Must have thorough understanding of electronics theory/measurements.
* Ability to work with small hand tools and use microscope.