We have 3 openings in Chesapeake, VA for Market Strategy Analysts at $68-70K + 5% bonus, $1,500 moving cost AND a moving truck! Please apply!
Position: Market Strategy Analyst - 3 openings!
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Opportunity: Direct Hire + 5% Bonus
*Relocation Assistance: $1,500 plus moving truck
Why is the role open? Due to growth, newly created position
Summary: The Market Strategy Analyst is responsible for developing and incorporating spatial analytics techniques into existing real estate planning and new store site selection process. The Market Strategy Analyst will develop, enhance, and maintain the Enterprise's Market Optimization and Sales Forecasting Systems used to screen markets for optimal store deployment, to forecast sales for specific sites, and to perform sales transfer analysis.
- Develop and manage analytical and forecasting processes for real estate and finance. Incorporate spatial analytics and advanced statistical techniques into site selection process.
- Build and maintain regression based sales forecast and cannibalization models utilizing various statistical packages. Identify and understand significant drivers of sales for new store locations and forecast cannibalization impacts on existing stores. Improve processes to conduct analog store comparisons.
- Assist in continual development of statistical analysis and forecasting processes for real estate and other initiatives as needed. Research and leverage new data and techniques to drive insight and add value to business processes across the organization.
- Identify opportunities for improved data sources, statistical analysis, and process improvement.
- Source new data and partner with existing data owners to access relevant and timely information for analysis.
- Build, implement, document, maintain, and improve models and scripts to capture opportunities, leveraging tools such as R, Python, Alteryx, ArcGIS, SPSS, and other statistical and data packages.
- Assist in the integration of multi-banner real estate analytics into the Finance department, including integration of the processes, data, functions and systems, and projects related to synergy generation and enterprise profitability optimization such as rebannering. Identify and implement best practices across analytics for all banners.
- Develop and support market optimization processes to determine the optimal locations for new store growth through the development of market planning strategies.
- * Work closely with Real Estate, Operations, Asset Protection, and Sr. Management in developing strategies to determine the optimal deployment of stores in a market, by banner.
- Generate enterprise profitability projections for new/relocating/expanding stores via thorough analyses involving the use of statistical models.
- Forecast sales and cannibalization projections for store for all banners
- Analyze historical performance to continually improve forecasting processes.
- Liaise with GIS team to leverage existing data for forecasting and reporting and provide guidance on development of new data processes.
- 3+ years related experience
- Experience with statistical analysis and regression-based modeling
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail required
- Willingness to travel (10%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Geography, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline
- Previous experience in Site Location Research
- Previous experience with ESRI, TAS, or other GIS software
- Previous experience with R statistical software
- Previous experience with Alteryx and Tableau
- Retail experience
Category Code: JN005, JN009