Marketing Business Systems Analyst
The Intersect Group is seeking a Marketing Business Systems Analyst for our client in Dallas, Texas. The Marketing Business Systems Analyst will perform a lead role externally for data services and assist in managing development resources internally.
- Represent the data services team across assigned clients and participate as a member within given account groups
- The Marketing Business Systems Analyst will manage client expectations on related data projects
- Recommend appropriate data strategies to meet marketing objectives and/or campaign business needs
- Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) to establish project deliverables.
- Collaborate with Project Management staff to review SOW/history, gain consensus, and set project deliverables within Project Plans
- Ensure appropriate meetings are held in order to align stakeholders and generate common understanding, throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Responsible for the discovery and documentation of Business Requirements within BRDs
- Collaborate with Database Services staff to design and maintain data warehouse and data marts for clients, including documentation support of processes and technical requirements
- Work with DBAs to identify areas of improvement on the source systems side to enhance the data load & extraction processes; assist with unit and system testing as needed
- Continuously measure project performances, enforce team methodology and quality standards, and manage scope to ensure profitability and minimize our risk exposure across multiple projects
- Manage change controls related to the data environment to minimize risk using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of client-authorized project changes
- Help conduct in-person or web demonstrations of database solutions and capabilities for current and/or prospects, including UAT and support
- Acts as an Internal Ambassador to help foster understanding of database marketing services
- Provide thought leadership to Client Services and Business Development teams, and participate in new business activities as needed
- Knowledge of database solutions from an application perspective and thoroughly understand the data flow and integrations
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Advertising ispreferred;or credentials within related data/analytical fields
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing-related experience is mandatory within agencies or direct advertising roles
- Database project management experience is required, as is strong client account management experience and writing of business/technical requirements
- 3+ years of experience working with marketing database solutions on multi-channel CRM, customer segmentation practices, and one-to-one communication approaches strongly preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of overall agency structure and project management methodologies
- Solid understanding of relational & dimensional database models mandatory, includingabilityto break complex processes and methodologies into easy-to-understand explanations for Clients or team members.
- Successful experience leading requirements gathering sessions, documenting details and follow-through, and directory or indirectly managing development teams is required
- Very good understanding of all aspects of building & maintaining marketing database systems (processes & physical databases) including ETL, address hygiene & standardization, merge/purge, household, transactional data processing, promo history, campaign execution & reporting, etc. is preferred
- Experience in email marketing, digital media, and interactive vehicles is preferred
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 74170 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.