Job Title Mass Properties Engineer
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 12 Months
- Overview Minimum 5 years aircraft mass properties experience in product development environment.
- Strong weight control skills including influencing, accounting, reporting, measuring, risk and opportunity identification for structure and systems.
- Proficient in weight calculation from engineering drawings and CATIA v4/v5 models.
- Experienced in database maintenance.
- Familiarity with products and design processes desired.
- Perform mass properties analysis for production aircraft or production aircraft modified for Special Mission applications.
- Update a mass properties accounting database with detail part weight, center of gravity, and inertias.
- Perform actual weight and balance measurement of detail parts, assemblies and full aircraft.
- Prepare aircraft weight & balance documentation for flight and delivery (W&B Handbook, empty weight, W&B for flight, equipment list)
- Track and status structural or system weight versus target weights.
- Promote weight reduction opportunities to the responsible structural designers, system designers or stress engineers.
- Provide and report to management on Aircraft Weight and Balance status
- Coordinate activities to insure weight targets/goals are met What you'll bring to the team:
- Apply your education as an Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Systems, or Mechanical engineer to provide quality mass properties analysis.
- Apply people skills to provide optimum lightweight design concepts while working with design team.
- Experience with CATIA and SmarTeam is preferred.