Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Master Data Analyst-I provides business value by acting as a custodian of master data entry process. This person will be responsible for evaluating and implementing master data changes across various business systems supported by the merchandising team. This role will report to the IT Merchandizing group and be responsible for orchestrating master data entry and configuration process across various technical systems. This person will provide expertise and deliver assigned tasks for production support as well as projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Custodian of the Master Data in key domains - Informatica, SAP.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the general area of master data / MDM space; acts as a resource to transfer appropriate knowledge to team members and internal customers
- Supports related business projects and participates in user acceptance testing
- Defines and implements efficient SAP and Informatica data management processes, guidelines and principles in designated area(s)
- Ensures accuracy, consistency and effectiveness of Master Data and follows the best practices as defined by the leadership
- Monitors data quality metrics and initiates corrective actions to ensure and improve the quality of Enterprise Master Data
- Performs creation, testing and promotion of Master Data in SAP, Informatica and other technologies
- Validates Master Data requests for adherence to data quality standards
- Identifies problems and gaps across processes that contribute to data integrity issues
- Develops, documents and implements departmental procedures
- Develops in-depth knowledge of Company data design and usage
- Proactively seeks out data management opportunities
- Maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to processes, procedures and services
- Assist in the facilitation of User Acceptance Testing for changes to the application
- Adhere to established timelines, Company's best practices, ticketing system guidelines and SDLC procedures for delivering quality solutions which are defect-free, meeting Company and departmental standards and customer requirements
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Facilitate meetings, conference calls and assists with training customers as needed
- Act as escalation point for basic Help Desk support calls
- Troubleshoot end user and system issues
- Be able to diagnose and provide solution(s) to complex issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of one year data analysis experience in a business-related area.
- Working knowledge of integrated SAP or Informatica or other MDM environment(s) and downstream application or reporting system impact.
- Experience with data loading tools or technologies. Knowledge of data governance, data quality and Master Data management.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Proven analytical experience with the ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate complex information both verbally and in writing. Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. Additional college level business classes are beneficial.
Normal workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m (Arizona time). Additional hours may be necessary.