Job Description: Material Handler
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Position Type: 6-12 Month (Contract)
If selected for this position, you will be required to execute the goals and objectives set by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure an effective and efficient work environment. The prime function of this position is to provide support to the warehouse which will require manually moving, stacking, unstacking, and otherwise manipulating packages to prepare them for transport or storage within the warehouse.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the receipt of incoming materials, removing stretch wrap, and banding waste.
- Inspects incoming goods, materials, and supplies, ensuring accurate quantities, picks and moves material into appropriate storage locations.
- Apply labels to cartons, breakdown and re-palletize material as needed.
- Prepares boxes and or containers that will be used for shipping finished product.
- Operates stretch wrapping machines, banding boxes/containers of materials to pallets.
- Operates only manual pallet jacks. No powered jacks or industrial fork trucks.
- Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department, or individual.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Comply with OSHA and safety standards.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities. Candidates' attitude, professionalism, eagerness, ability to learn quickly is much more important than experience.
- Seeking entry level candidates 0-1 years’ experience. Prior experience working in a cGMP warehouse operation is desirable but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Physical fitness with the ability to bend and lift up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- Availability to work overtime including weekends, and evenings if necessary.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!