LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The position of Material Handler includes multiple tasks that ultimately provide good manufacturing practices and on time delivery to the customer. The individual must be able to oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of inventory, as well as maintain receiving and inventory control records.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
- Follows standard operating procedures for all assigned tasks
- Daily use of a forklift is required for this position
- Plan, oversee, and participate in the warehouse operations and activities
- Receive, identify, and place materials sent to the warehouse according to procedures.
- Prepare materials for shipping.
- Assist with other duties as needed throughout the warehouse.
- Accurately maintain a variety of records, files, and reports as necessary.
- Other duties as required by supervisor
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3+ months previous experience operating a forklift
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed
- Basic mathematics and computer skills
- Properly follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management
- Ability to speak fluently, read and interpret documents, and write routine correspondence effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage time effectively between tasks
- Ability to delegate tasks to others
- Maintain good attendance habits missing minimal work
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to work with fiberglass
- Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing (where applicable)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required to be worn
- Ability to work in moderate noise level atmosphere
- Ability to work in an environment that is not temperature-controlled; very warm temperatures in summer months
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland