Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Executive, Program Managers, IPT’s and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The MPM will serve as the leader for all program’s supply chain activities, and will advise the Business Unit SCM Director and Sr. Manager as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans. Candidate leads front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team. The position requires an individual who is persistent in influencing others to execute their responsibilities on time and escalates as requires to achieve schedules.
• Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
• Must be able to work in conjunction with engineering to develop accurate Bill of Materials (BOM’s) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material estimating and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
• Develop and execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator)
• Execute make/buy/where process
• Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
• Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
• Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
• Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
• Monitor performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
• Strong Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including Material EACs and Material Forecasting
• Minimum 8 years of direct experience in Government and commercial defense markets