LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Maintenance Inventory Technician is responsible for the day-to-day evaluation, replenishment and accuracy of Materials Inventory stock.Roles & Responsibilities
- Materials Inventory operational activities:
- Ensure proper resources are available, assist in organizing personnel to complete work in a timely, cost effective manner, and fulfill material coordinator responsibilities within the Maintenance and Operations Workflow Process.
- Execute Day-to-day evaluation, replenishment, and accuracy of Materials Inventory stock.
- Ensure the warehouse is organized for efficient and logical flow
- Maintain stock out log
- Coordinate Quality inspection of special needs material
- Organize and manage physical inventories: generate count sheets, run variance reports, post differences, file Supervisor approved final inventory results.
- Track and manage repairable materials and complete the appropriate SAP transactions to support this process (issue purchase requisitions).
- Extend materials to site, process MDG requests for new stock additions.
- Coordinate/communicate Bill of Material (BOM) corrections.
- Process returns of unused Repairable (REPR) stock.
- Perform analysis and process material requests for adding, changing and deleting stock material.
- Monitor Zone Stores and consignment performance and adjust stock levels based on usage
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years Tuscola site experience or equivalent in manufacturing
- Familiar with rotating, fixed, and electrical equipment and instrumentation
- Demonstrates computer skills including SAP, excel, and word
- Familiarity with Materials Inventory industry best practices including Integrated Suppliers, Vendor Stocking, Electronic Commerce (including EDI), Stockless Inventory, Bar-coding and Supply Chain Management.
- Leadership skills, teambuilding, communication and problem solving skills.
- General knowledge of inventory management including inventory evaluation and analysis.
- Understanding of business processes and procedures, Materials Inventory and Purchasing processes and work flows, and be able to actively seek continuous improvement.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Decatur