The LifeVest division of ZOLL Medical Corporation is dedicated to developing the LifeVest wearable defibrillator (WCD) and associated technologies. The LifeVest WCD, worn directly against a patient’s skin, is prescribed to patients at risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD). Every year, 350,000 American lives are lost to SCD. At ZOLL LifeVest, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need.
We’ve been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL LifeVest the ideal place to build your career.
Responsible for assembling, modifying, reworking, and repairing mechanical and electromechanical assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assembling, modifying, reworking, and repairing mechanical and electromechanical assemblies.
- Works from assembly drawings and engineering specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school education, vocational training preferred.
- Experience working from assembly drawings, engineering specifications and sketches of average complexity.
- Ability to assemble complete units or sub-assemblies at a bench and to construct components and parts to extremely close tolerances which may have unusual or non-standard shapes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to learn and take direction from others/superiors
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.