Role/Title Mechanical Design Engineer - Cabin Interiors
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 12 Months
- Mechanical Engineer required for Completions Design / Aircraft Cabin Interiors.
- Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Knowledgeable with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.
- Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Design assignments Item Installation Analysis, Similarity Analysis and Mount Configuration along with any other required items.
- Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods are executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
- Preferred skills: Mechanical Interior Design, CATIA, Smarteam, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point.