Coilcraft, Inc., founded in 1945, is an established worldwide organization specializing in the manufacture of magnetic components with headquarters located in Cary, Illinois. We are seeking an individual to provide engineering and mechanical design expertise to Coilcraft's product design team.
- Develop and design components used in electrical assemblies/products.
- Develop and design initial automation concepts/tooling and fixturing or make improvements to current equipment for small-scale production line.
- Provide technical support by providing information and answers to other engineers, departments and customers.
- Guide the design effort in creating prototype and production drawings.
- Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Review initial run of the automation for design compliance and makes appropriate changes to ensure product compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 1-2 years of recent mechanical design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Solid Works modelling, drawing creation, and GD&T.
- Experience with machining/stamping
- Experience with epoxy dispensing or injection molding a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of tolerance analysis.
- Experience with FEA modeling.
This position may require compliance with ITAR export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have permanent resident status.