Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Savannah, GA 31407
Duration: 12 Months
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineering for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Completions
- Configuration Analysis Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.
- Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary air frame modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.