Title : Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Beltsville MD
Duration : 06 Months Temp To Hire
- Contributes to the design of major Integrated Thermal Systems components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilizes computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposals to internal and external customers.
- Creates layouts and drawings of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
- Supports development of technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Applies current technology and aids in the development of new technologies.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- BS in Engineering and 7 years minimum of relevant industry experience required or Masters in Engineering and 5 years minimum of relevant industry experience required.