Role/Title Mechanical Design Engineer
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 11 Months
- Required Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineering for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Completions Engineering.
- Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- Knowledge with placard creation/installation and/or seat engineering/installation highly preferred.
- Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.
- Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Design assignments include but are not limited to:
- Item Installation Analysis
- Similarity Analysis.
- Configuration Analysis Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area