We are looking for a Mechanical Designer! Do you enjoy Mechanical Design? Are you experienced in design using 3D software? This position may be for you.
Our client in Georgetown, KY is seeking a Mechanical Designer responsible for customer coordination of projects and machine design for conveyors, material handlers, and automated systems. In this position, you will use Solidworks to design concepts for equipment that may include automation, hydraulic or pneumatic systems. You will also communicate with clients to develop concepts for design.
- Assess customer needs and provide feedback to management to determine how to provide effective product, equipment, service, training and aftercare
- Machine design for conveyors, material handlers, and automated systems
- Develop customer needs and calculate costs in order to provide project development through cost, time and manpower
- Act as a Project Manager to oversee the project from start to finish
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Engineering (preferred Mechanical or related degree or Associates with experience)
- Strong background in SolidWorks
- Experience in Pneumatics
- Software knowledge in 2D CAD as well as Microsoft Office programs
- Must be willing to travel approximately 30%
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and vendors
All interested candidates, please apply!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.