Mechanical Designer/ Drafter will:
- Take customer drawings from 2D Designs into 3D Models and Shop Drawings for Fabrication
- Works with both Project Managers and the Manufacturing Shop to help with Estimating and Manufacturing / Fabrication Questions from the Drawings
- 3+ years in AutoCAD
- Experience with designing structural steel (plate weldments, structural weldments, fabrication drawings, etc.)
- Any 3D modeling software, preferred inventor
- Good computer skills
- Ability to create spreadsheets in excel
- Machine shop or heavy manufacturing experience preferred
TEST JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Would consider someone with 15+ years experience in a machine shop
Performance Expectations1ST DAY: Need to be able to do designs in AutoCad and in a 3D modeling software.
TYPICAL DAY: They may be working on more than one project per day; They can sometimes stay on a project for 2-3 days. They will work with the shop and superintendents. They need to load things into SigmaNest, the nesting software for machines. In one minute, they could be designing a part for the machine shop. The next job could be a structural project for a power plant. The next job could be something in SigmaNest. Every job is completely different. They are doing structural, sheet metal, and machined parts.
- No training on AutoCad but will receive training on SigmaNest and their equipment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.