The person hired for this position will support and grow the RD&E Institutional Dish Machine Rental Program. In this position, you will provide 3D CAD modeling and technical documentation in support of R&D engineers in new product development. This position will use SolidWorks CAD software to create models for the entire product life-cycle including product design, prototyping, tooling fabrication, and engineering changes.
* Create 3D models, assemblies, design modifications, and processing engineering change orders
* Work on projects related to cost estimating, maintaining working relationships with key suppliers, providing component selection, prototyping, and testing
* Create and maintain documentation including part drawings, assembly drawings, bills of materials, test procedures, and fabrication drawings
* Manage dish machine specifications through the Engineering Change process to see projects through to the point of being released to production.
What's In It For You:
* A collaborative, customer-focused environment where your voice matters, your contributions are rewarded and you can make an impact.
* Opportunity for a long-term advanced career path
* Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
* Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety, sustainability, inclusiveness, and performance
* Associate Degree in CAD Design or related field
* 3 years experience in an engineering technology role
* 1 years experience in designing plastic injection molded components and assemblies
* 5 years experience in an engineering technology role
* SolidWorks including surfacing, advanced part design, and assemblies
* Certified SolidWorks Professional
* Experience designing stainless steel fabricated parts
* Working knowledge of GD&T/GPS in technical documentation
* Experience working closely with injection molded tooling fabricators
* Thorough understanding of injection molding process and critical design factors for injection molded parts (gates, ejectors, cooling)
* Experience in roto-molding, blow molding and vacuum forming
* Understanding of plastic material selection for custom applications
* Experience managing component cost targets and basic project and time-line management
* Demonstrated ability using geometric tolerances for First Article part qualification and Quality Assurance
* Experience utilizing DFM/DFP on new product development projects
* Demonstrated Leadership experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.