Responsible for providing technical product design expertise to the new product development and launch function. This position will also be responsible for product design engineering and/or analysis support of product series in development and currently in production phase.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Create and maintain product designs in CAD.
- Provide design and development expertise from new concept idea to production implementation, including but not limited to design stack up analysis, design for manufacturability, design for injection molding, mechanics of materials, spring fatigue predictions, incorporation of standardized practice [including design guidelines], static & dynamic component relationship analysis, and design robustness to customer specification.
- Apply a principled approach to design engineering by creating and utilizing functional tools such as FMEA, DFMA, design guidelines, Stack-up spreadsheets, GD&T, FEA, Moldflow analysis and other customer specific tools to guide design decisions.
- Lead cross functional teams to ensure design engineering activities are completed per project schedule.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and development teams. Typical design details to be communicated include design for performance specification compliance, material selection, fatigue analysis and Test-Until-Failure behavior.
- Support mature product improvement efforts for global products.
- Mentor less experienced engineers, designers or analysts.
- Utilize PLM system to manage design data and communicate the data throughout the global organization.