LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This role is the Mechanical Engineering Technical Lead (fixed and rotating equipment) for CVO Site Capital Projects (main responsibility) and expense Projects (as necessary) in support of Project Managers assigned to projects outlined in the CVO Plant Project Portfolio and the associated Long Range Plan. In this role, the incumbent will interface with the reliability and maintenance engineers, provide specific guidance on project scope, specifications, standards, and constructability required to successfully develop scopes in the early stages of projects and in support of the design process required to produce an IFA/IFC drawing set, subsequent review and approval of IFA/IFC packages.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Works with the plant engineers, Portfolio Managers, and Project Managers to develop project mechanical scopes all phases of capital projects in the CVO Capital Project Portfolio
- Review Project Design Documents (PDDs) developed by unit, maintenance, and reliability engineers for thoroughness and adequacy to complete FEL 1 / Phase 1 per the LYB PMP Process.
- Work with unit engineers to refine PDD as necessary to meet PDD development guidelines
- Perform Responsibilities of Mechanical Discipline Engineer Roles per PE-WP-240 Work Flow Activity List RACI
- Oversee / direct engineering and design company (on-site, MEC, or 3rd Party) for the development and definition of the project
- Review code calculations reports (Stress, ASME Section VIII, TEMA, etc.)
- Review line lists for proper pipe specs, design, and test conditions
- Review and approve design packages at Phase gates (Issue for Design, Issue for Approval, Issue for Construction)
- Ensure project mechanical equipment specifications meet LYB and Industry Standards
- Author standards deviations for projects, if necessary
- Review project standards list for pipe specifications, paint, etc.
- Review / assist in developing Inspection Test Plans for all mechanical equipment including pipe fabrication
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 6+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a Chemical/Petrochemical facility
- Working knowledge of ASME standards for process piping, pressure vessels, and centrifugal pumps
- Working knowledge of API standards for compressors, pumps, and lubrication systems
Working knowledge of LyondellBasell Industries Engineering Standards and Guidelines for fixed and rotating equipmentStrong leadership, team building, and communication skills are essential
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston