Job Title: Mechanical Lab Technician
Location: 384 Northyards Blvd Atlanta Georgia 30313
The ME team is responsible for the design of the mechanical systems of the unit, with primary responsibility for fluidics. In support of this responsibility, we perform prototype development and lab testing-both for development and verification. The successful candidate will build test fixtures, run tests, collect data, analyze results, and draft reports. He/she will also maintain neat and orderly organization of the workspace (5S) and perform other duties as assigned.
-Perform tests based on test requests submitted by other engineering teams such (Fluidics engineering team, Electrical engineering team, and Platform engineering team.)
-Report the test results to the team that requested the test as well as reporting to our ME lab manager.
- BSMET or equivalent electro-mechanical lab tech experience
- Understanding of test methods and sources of error.
- 2 years with electro-mechanical hands on experience
- Experience designing test fixtures.
- Experience with fluidic or hydraulic components.
- LabView programming experience.
Generally office and lab environment, with some travel to manufacturing sites. Should be able to perform computer skills in office environment, run experiments, lift loads <25 lbs. Must set a safety example (ie: wear appropriate personal protective equipment).