- Individual will be supporting and may be leading a functional team that may include other Mechanical Engineers as well as Mechanical Designers.
- Contributors will be expected to come up with innovative design solutions to electrical and optical packaging, thermal and structural issues while adhering to military environmental constraints.
- They may also assist in transitioning programs to production, performing tasks such as troubleshooting build issues, working with suppliers and developing production tooling.
- Functional leads will be a member of the project leadership team.
- They will be expected to take ownership of the budget and schedule for the tasks assigned to the Mechanical Engineering/Design team.
- This includes keeping the project leadership team updated on progress and issues.
- As a functional lead the individual will also be expected to steer the final design and be an individual contributor to the engineering/design effort.
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of military environmental requirements
- Experience with structural and thermal analysis
- Experience with ANSYS design analysis tools
- Optical packaging and/or Carbon Fiber design experience
- Experience with transition to production and production support