ACS group has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer I with experience in the Oil and Gas Industry . This is a 12+ months contract opportunity (with long-term potential ) and is located in Houston TX/Richmond CA . Our client is a leading Oil and Gas company.
Please review the job description below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer I
Duration: 1+ year
Location: Houston TX/Richmond CA
* Person will be responsible for coordinating, organizing, and tracking the Project Phase 3 and Phase 4 Reliability Action Plan (RAP) deliverables for each project being executed at RIC/SLC/ESE/PAS.
o Familiarization with Client's Design For Reliability (DFR) and RAP development process is a plus.
o Ability to work with a cross functional team and ensure that the work needed to complete each Reliability Focused Item (RFI) is complete for the specific RAP.
o Ability to work independently and proactively to resolve issues.
* Person will be located at the Houston-Contractor office or Richmond, CA facility (Postings open to those two locations)
* Person will assist with building competency within the integrated Contractor/Client Engineering Team.
* Support Manufacturing Design-For-Reliability (DFR) effort:
o Lead Reliability Action Plan (RAP) development, tracking, and gain necessary approval to ensure that all assets installed by the OASIS Project meet the availability and reliability expectation of the Site.
o Spearhead efforts to ensure timely completion of all identified design for reliability focus items (RFI's) and associated deliverables.
* Develop necessary work instructions and maintain a program-wide RAP swimlane/guidance document for the OASIS projects.
* Provide regular updates as required to communicate progress and schedule with respect to status of the Phase ¾ RAP.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering
* 1-2 years of experience required
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to work independently, effectively manage multiple priorities, and quickly adapt to new business requirements or rapidly changing needs
* Previous SharePoint experience
* Previous Client experience- working in reliability or maintenance
* Phone interviews
* In-Person interviews for the final round (if necessary)
* Client is open to candidates located in Houston, TX or Richmond, CA
* Work schedule- open to a 4/10 or 9/80A schedule
* He/she will work in the Discipline Engineering team- they will support the Richmond, Salt Lake City, Pascagoula, and El Segundo refineries
* 1-year contract, pending on their performance could be extended