- Design custom door applications in Solidworks
- Parametric modeling in Solidworks
- Responsible for assembly, component, and production drawings
- Prepare informational drawings at the post-sale, pre-fabrication phase of projects.
- Prepare fabrication drawings using 'Solidworks ' and 'Ship Loose Bills of Material' in Excel and review them for accuracy and completion prior to releasing them to the shop.
- Handle questions and design related issues with customers as needed.
- Maintain accuracy of standard part listings and drawing files.
- Work with production to continuously improve the quality and value of the company's products.
- Aid design team in analysis needed for individual projects as well as generation and modification of standard parts
- Assist sales in generating concepts and high level operator/structural requirements used in quoting
- Take production projects from concept through analysis and approval, to production
- Provide quality control support for design team
Additional Skills & Qualifications4 year degree focused in mechanical design and/or mechanical engineering
6+ months experience using Solidworks or Creo
6+ months previous work experience in a manufacturing environment as a designer or design engineer
Preferred to have experience with Driveworks
Preferred to have experience with multi part assemblies
Performance ExpectationsThe best candidate will be certified in solidworks and/or have a minimum of 2 years experience design in Solidworks. Project to support completion of Hercules line. Need to be able to complete work autonomously. Very little training will be provided. Best candidate will have minimum 2 years of experience designing multi part assemblies.
Work EnvironmentCustom door manufacturer. Hercules line (mainly large freezer and refrigerator doors, industrial size, Walmart project) Supporting modeling work for the line. Will work with the Hercules engineering and design team for direction. Local team is approximately 3-4 people. 70% design work, 30% modeling.
Recently moved to Mankato across from MTU, nice new building.
New building, close manufacturing floor, new line, put them upstairs, design area with close access to the floor.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.