Our client is working on the future in the fight against cancer, and they are making the difference in enabling the lofty goal of employing personalized therapies to combat one of the toughest diseases. Their integrated systems are changing cancer research by connecting biological readouts to what is actually happening in patients.
They have a brand new facility, and they are in the process of finishing the final renovations. There are 30 people in the building currently within Opps and Engineering. This candidate will work hands on with other Mechanical Engineers, but since this is a cross-functional position the Mechanical Engineer will also work closely with other Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Software Engineers.
- Complete the design, purchasing, assembly, and verification tasks for product support and sustainability initiatives
- Process changes following quality system requirements
- Create and manage BOMs, design revisions, and timelines, using PLM software
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or biomedical engineering
- Experience with automation systems is a plus but not required
- Hands on prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting
- Proficient in SolidWorks and technical drawings (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance GD&T knowledge is a plus)
- Experience with hand tools and various manufacturing and prototyping techniques (milling, laser cutting, 3D printing)
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment and support multiple projects as needed
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and team player
- Ability to handle detail, multiple tasks, and short-notice deadlines, with daily re-prioritization of work
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.