Role/Title Mechanical Engineer
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 11 Months
- 5 years’ Experience with an aircraft mechanical system design/test/troubleshooting such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, fluid carrying systems (fuel, O2, water), powerplant, crew & equipment/electronic racks, doors, or auxiliary mechanisms, and secondary structures.
- Preferred additional experience as an MRB engineer with MRB stamp/credentials authorized by an OEM or major aircraft supplier.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.