This Contract Position is with one of our Direct Clients.Please submit resumes to Pratichi-pjhala(at)divihn(dot)com or call Pratichi at (630) 847 0267 and Praveen - bpraveen(at)divihn(dot)com or call at (630) 847 1027 with any questions.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Round Lake, Illinois
As a key team member within the Infusion Systems and Applications (ISA) team you are responsible for creating and implementing innovative mechanical design solutions for Client's infusion pumps to address customer needs.
- Develop statistically valid tests and test protocols to verify that designs meet product requirements.
- Conduct test method validation (TMV) to ensure tests meet Quality standards
Execute verification testing as defined by test protocols and document results using common Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as defined by the FDA.
- Assist in root-cause investigations when necessary
- Update design documentation (i.e. drawings and solid models) using SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM as the need arises
- Remain in compliance with training requirements
Key Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Must be self-motivated, with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovation, collaboration and perseverance.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and at least three years of experience in the design, development and testing of mechanical devices.
- Experience with electromechanical and/or medical devices is preferred
- Experience developing 3D models using Solidworks, Pro/Engineer (Creo) or equivalent.
- Experience using statistical methods such as normality tests and confidence interval calculations.
- Experience with Minitab is preferred.
- Demonstrated root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
Prior experience executing formal verification tests under a protocol
Fundamental Solidworks (or CREO)
Hands-on and comfortable in lab environment (i.e. assembling/disassembling prototypes and using hand tools)
Clear, concise and articulate communication; both written and verbal
Self-motivated and ambitious with a bias towards action. Focus should always be on how to take the next step forward.
Polite and professional, even when things get hairy.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.