Hiring an Experienced Mechanical Engineer
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for assisting in the design, fabrication, testing, and qualification of flight and ground Pneumatic hardware with an engineering and technical team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently as they will have little or no supervision and training so they must be able to jump into a project and help the team.
- Prepare engineering concepts models, fabrication, and assembly documentation for process and materials conformance.
- Prepare and/or interpret schematics.
- Assist in analysis of mechanical designs to verify specification compliance.
- Create and execute component and subsystem design verification/acceptance plans and test methods to validate performance to requirements.
- Technical oversight of new installation, construction activities to validate compliance with contract documents,
- Interacts with production and other engineering staff to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction ideas with regard to the mission and goals of the contract.
- Coordinates as required with internal purchasing, quality control, production, office, and management staff.
- Responsible for design and support to development, testing and certification of flight/ground hardware, as assigned.
- Must have BS degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Must have 5+ years professional experience using CREO and fluid systems design
- Experience with cryogenic and high pressure pneumatic system component
- Previous experience at the KSC is a plus
If interested please email resume to Caitlyn Donovan at cdonovan @ aerotek.com
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.