Mechanical Engineer: Primarily responsible for supporting the technical oversight of assigned engineered systems. Areas of support include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Provide direct oversight of staff including engineers, technicians, and auxiliary support personnel.
Conducts the development and maintenance of operational system parameters related to system operational requirements. Conduct field inspections and reviews of operational launch pad systems to assess conformance with design and operational requirements.
- Provides direction to Engineer I, technicians and support personnel.
- Works directly with customer, support contractors, technical and management staff in a team environment.
- Develops system operating, testing, and maintenance procedures, engineering work packages for internal and external execution including those for hazardous operations, system drawings, trouble-shooting plans, certification documentation, system performance metrics, and documents required by operational directives.
- Generate system change documentation to increase operating efficiency, performance, safety, and reliability.
- Develop and maintain system constraint and status documentation using approved processes and procedures. Prepare and present associated material to others.
- Develop material for Design Reviews, provides input on engineering processes, develops and maintains an in-depth technical resource on the assigned system(s).
- Continuously develops an advanced understanding of Coils and Electronics Focus area
- Attends formal training as needed to pursue required certifications.
- Ensures completion of tasks safely and efficiently within allocated budget/schedule, provide task workload estimates and required resources, provide requirements for task incorporation into workflow, shop Management, Quality, Certification, and Cleanliness Documentation, and Safety Policies.
Must possess a valid driver's license and secure reliable transportation to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport Offices and facilities on Virginia's Eastern Shore.
- Position requires a strong technically orientated operations management background with a focus on Medical Device/Aerospace with directly related work experience.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for the resolution of operational anomalies.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding launch range command, control, and communications systems and their overall interface
- In-depth knowledge and understanding electrical and control, safety, and structural systems.
- Must be able to maintain mental clarity and efficiency in work in a stressful operational environment.
- Must be able to work well with demanding customers to deliver confidence in ability and promote long-term business relationships.
- Must be able to understand, follow, and promote OSHA safety guidelines in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university. Advanced Engineering Degree desired. A minimum of three (3) years of related engineering work experience with at least one (1) year of experience as engineer responsible for a particular project associated with a major engineering system. Practical work experience in operations management.