Mechanical / Manufacturing Hybrid Role
Client is looking for a talented and experienced mechanical or manufacturing engineer. The successful candidate will lead and support both the tactical and strategic objectives of our client through the implementation of lean, standardized work, documentation and improvement of assembly/manufacturing methods, implementation of capital equipment and advancement of manufacturing technology. The successful candidate will be innovative, assertive, and will impact Operation’s and Distribution by providing technical support and hands-on improvements. Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineer leads / manages cross functional projects to significantly improve competitiveness of the plant.
This is a specialized manufacturing environment, the client does not expect the candidate to know everything about their manufacturing process, but need to be willing to learn it.
- Work with our Engineering and Continuous Improvement Managers to champion lean implementation in assembly/manufacturing process utilizing lean manufacturing methods to cut product cycle time and costs.
- Develop standard work instructions and training material, and provide training to employees.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative actions for production issues.
- Participate in resolution of product quality issues, and assist manufacturing teams in resolving process problems, equipment or tooling issues.
- Work concurrently with engineering to develop new products, ensuring that manufacturing and lean thinking is integral to the products' design.
- Develop, verify and approve manufacturing-related data for routings and bills of material for new products and for changes to existing routings and BOM’s. Perform shop floor verification of routings and bills of material data.
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing AutoCAD or Solidworks solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools.
- Recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out), including functional review of drawings and Engineering specifications.
- Mentor and train employees at all levels of the plant, in the implementation of projects and systems, in order to build an industry leading team of competent, effective and quality conscious individuals.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and distribution teams within the assigned area of focus including bench marking and maintenance of best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned to help create a culture of innovation and trust.
Mechanical engineering, Autocad, New product development, Solidworks, cnc, extrusion process, lean manufacturing, process improvementTop Skills Details:
AutoCAD / Solidworks
Lean manufacturingAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or industrial technology from an accredited institution.
Minimum 1-4 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry.
willingness to learn
strong mechanical aptitude (hands on)
Experience in mix of high/low volume productions.
Knowledge of CNC machining and/or programing is a plus
Experience with AutoCad and/or Solidworks.
New Products Design capability.
Previous lean and/or six sigma certification
3 + years of experience in manufacturing industry.
Demonstrated experience in project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from productions associates to the leadership team.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.