Title : Mechanical Engineer
Location : Sterling Heights,, MI
Duration: 6 Months(Right to Hire)
- The Combat Vehicles Structure Design Engineer is responsible for designing and coordinating engineering aspects associated with the vehicle chassis and turret structures.
- Structure Design products include the vehicle hull structures and all structural interfaces (i.e. machining, mounting provisions, welded on brackets, and stiffeners), doors, hatches, access panels, lifting/towing/tie-down provisions, and intake/exhaust grilles.
- The structures engineer will work with system integrated product team members (IPT's) to document and integrate their mechanical interfaces (mounting provisions) onto the vehicle structure.
- The structures engineer will at all times promote and maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety rules of the company.
- Provides Engineering Production Support (EPS) for transition of new design to production and resolving issues encountered in the build process.
- Investigates root-cause analysis of design issues arising during production and develops the associated change documentation to resolve design issue.
- Works closely with a team of design engineers and other specialty engineers to resolve design issues that span such areas as structures, ballistics, mechanical, and logistics.
- Prepares presentations and variance documentation in response to production issues to support vehicle sales.
- May require daily periods of on-floor support, walking between many locations throughout the day, and climbing in/on the vehicles to assess.
- Perform Trade Studies or Tolerance Stack Analyses in design or investigation support.
- Participate in formal technical reviews and present.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Must be experienced using CREO or SolidWorks
- Must be organized and have excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter that takes ownership of tasks and drives them to completion