Role/Title Mechanical Engineer
Location Medford, NY 11763
Duration 03 Months Contract to hire
- Perform under a process oriented development system and be able to provide process improvement suggestions once knowledgeable
- Perform autonomously under the direction of team leaders, program management and engineering management
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure the mechanical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach
- Contribute to schedule creation and ensure schedule commitments are met
- Create and present program and/or task status presentations to team members and engineering management
- Create and present clear and concise technical descriptions to engineering leadership and customers
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance to design manufacturing team members
- Provide input to design and document reviews
- Spearhead investigations for open ended complex problems
- Develop detailed hardware requirements based on product theory, system level requirements and customer requirements
- Complete designs that meet documented hardware requirements
- Create test procedures to support the testing of products to industry and government standards
- Review hardware defects and identify systemic root causes and process improvements
Additional skills or experience a plus:
- Packaging of electronic systems
- Design of manufacturing, calibration and test support equipment
- Aluminum fabrication techniques including: machining & investment casting
- Experience in avionics or aerospace industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Mechanical Engineering, preferably a Master’s degree in science, Mechanical Engineering.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret Clearance.
- Experience in mechanical engineering design, development, and strong in analysis.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and processes
- Experience with structural and thermal management design
- Proficient in a 3D CAD solid modeling software package.
- Proficient in tolerance analysis and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance principles
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization