We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer ideally with exposure and experience in design of mechanical systems, spaceflight hardware, test support hardware or industrial systems. Requires significant knowledge and experience in 3D CAD systems. The work will support a design and development effort at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
Looking for a senior CAD model expert to support:
- Management of large CAD models
- Conversion of models between CAD and analysis tools
- Definition of a process for transferring models between subsystems
- Correlation and/or certification of models in the various environments
- Correlation and/or certification of models to flight and ground support hardware
- Implement proper mechanism constraints to models
- Generate images and models to support various studies and reviews
The engineer will perform design and development of spaceflight hardware, mechanical systems and work together with others on the re-design of related MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
Duties will include, but not be limited to concept design and detailed design of mechanical systems and their components. Management of large library of components and parts.
Must be able to work independently on assignments, but must also be able to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment.
Will also participate in concept/peer reviews; design reviews and will need to provide technical details and progress of assigned tasks.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited school.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in mechanical systems, high reliability hardware, structures, ground support equipment, test fixtures/ fixturing or associated subsystems.
- Experience with documentation and design review processes for large complex mechanical projects.
- Experience with CREO 3D solid modeling as a tool or for design. Experience with Solidworks and other 3D CAD packages would be a plus.
- Experience with Windchill
- Expertise in mechanical engineering disciplines for the design, analysis and test of tools and mechanisms, including engineering mechanics (statics and dynamics), strength of materials, structural design, machine design, structural/mechanical testing, manufacturing engineering, mechanical systems, and machine shop practices
- Firm grasp and understanding of ANSI drafting and tolerance standards
- Experience with conversion of CAD documents into different formats.
- Manage the 3D CAD models for a large scale complex system. Multiple assemblies, mock-ups, Ground Support Equipment, test-beds, structures, etc and multiple iterations of each model as well.
- Experience with high reliability systems is required. Satellite HW, NASA, DoD, etc would be ideal.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.